top of page

A Beacon of Light for Your Child


(just across the street)

New address, same great quality service.

Our Goal, Vision & Commitment

Referrals, information, and more.

Full-time, Part-Time, Casual

Intensive Behavioral Health Services

Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) are a form of psychological treatment that take place in a non-traditional setting. The services are funded by the Department of Public Welfare, through the medical assistance program, and more currently, the HMO’s (Community Care Behavioral Health Organization in Allegheny County) chosen to manage these services. BHRS services are provided in the home, school, and/or community setting. The treatment team will develop a plan, in conjunction with the psychologist/psychiatrist (who must prescribe these services) and insurance company. This plan will determine a level of service medically necessary, and where services are needed.

How IBHS Works

There are three levels of service in IBHS. The Behavioral Consultant (BC) is the team leader. They must have a master’s degree or higher and experience in behavioral health, behavioral interventions and treatment of children with mental health issues and/or developmental delays. The BSC is responsible for writing the treatment plan and overseeing it’s implementation.

If a Mobile Therapist (MT) is required they also must have a master’s degree, and training in providing therapeutic interventions. The MT is available to provide counseling services to the child and family.

The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), must have a Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree with 3 years paid experience working with children as established by the state of Pennsylvania’s DPW mandates. The BHT is responsible for working with the child directly in whatever environment (Home, School, or Community) the treatment team deems necessary and follow the behavioral plan written by the BC with the families input.


A child must be under the age of 21 and posses a valid medical card through the state of PA to receive services. With a diagnosis of Autism or other Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED), children can receive this card regardless of family income. Once the child has the necessary medical coverage, an evaluation is completed by a licensed psychologist/psychiatrist who determines what services are medically necessary. Following this initial evaluation, a meeting is held with the prescriber, county representative/BSU, school personnel, insurance representatives, and family to determine goals and # of hours of treatment needed. 

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth."

Fred Rogers

Service Referral

Take the first step

bottom of page